Our vision by the end of 2020 is to build LBIS into an eminent laboratory, national and internationally benchmarked in the field of business and industrial statistics.
Our long-term objective is to become a leading laboratory, develops and expands the statistical methods on business and industrial, known for critical thinking and social responsibilities, and as a laboratory that produces outstanding research that has a direct impact on our educational activities and our engagement with business and enterprises.
Our mission is to offer an inspiring international learning group to study business and industrial statistics, where both lecturers and students can develop their capacities by conducting high-quality academic research on innovative relevant themes, and by offering research-based teaching that meets the department in line with the international standards. More specifically, we want to build LBIS into a laboratory that
- Designing the international standards curriculum of Business and Industrial Statistics.
- Developing and introducing the new statistical methods for business and industries.
- Collaborating with business and enterprises in researches and in the development of human resources.
The core values on which we build towards realising our vision are:
- Excellence – publish consistently in reputable international journals, excellent teaching, and outstanding students.
- Critical & Independent Thinking by conducting research-based teaching
- Social Engagement: ethical, environmental, social, and governance issues develops relevant topics.
Areas of Expertise
- Control Chart
- Reliabilty Optimization
- Quality by Design & Robust Design
- Quality Improvement Method based on Six Sigma Quality (single & multiple-response) by Taguchi, Fuzzy Logic, Wavelet.
- Stochastic Model
- Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Calibration Model
- Risk Theory and Financial Engineering
- Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Market Mapping Analysis
- Non-Destructive Evaluation
- PT. PHILIPS
- PT. UBS
- PT Pertamina (Customer Satisfaction)
- JTV (Loyalty Survey)
- Jawa Pos (Electability Survey)
- PT. ALSTOM (Research & Training)
- PDAM (Research & Training)
|Topics||… 2014||2015 – 2020|
|Development of univariate & multivariate control chart (variable & attribute)||
|Univariat & multivariate control chart for non-random observation.||
|Quality by Design||
|Multirespon Optimization (continue respon data)||
|Multirespon Optimization (discrete respon data)||
|Dynamic Multirespon Optimization||
|Quasi Optimization for Renewal Process||
|Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP)||
|Market Mapping Analysis||